The business industry is finding more offices and companies allowing their employees to telecommute. While some managers and owners fail to see the benefit of telecommuting, there are actually many ways for telecommuting to benefit your business.
- Cost- While it is obvious that telecommuting will save the employee money in the long run; telecommuting can also help the company save as well. One less body in the office means saving on overhead, heating and air, and other expenses, which can save businesses near 11,000 dollars a year.
- Environment- Telecommuting is a way for businesses to help reduce their overall carbon footprint on our ecosystem. Telecommuting means a reduction in energy used in the office as well as gas burned in order to reach the office every day. According to the Consumer Electronics Association, the act of telecommuting can save the correct amount of energy to give a year’s worth of power to one million homes found in the United States.
- Productivity- There is a common misconception surrounding telecommuting that it will harm a company’s productivity level. However, two recent studies show this concept to be false. The University of Texas, Austin found that those who participate in telecommuting tend to work about five to seven more hours than those who work in the office. Stanford also conducting a study that showed an increase of productivity by 13% in employees from a call center who were allowed to participate in telecommuting.
- Morale- Allowing staff to participate in telecommuting is a great way to increase the overall morale of your team. Studies show that employees who are able to work from home have lower levels of stress along with a more positive approach to their work. This is because employees are given the opportunity to balance their personal and professional lives with telecommuting.
- Turnover- Employees who get frustrated with their daily commutes, or those who are finding it difficult to balance their professional and personal lives, are more likely to resign from your company. This means a hit in productivity, which can result in a hit in profits. Telecommuting will help lower your overall turnover rate while keeping the productivity level of your company high.
Delta Intellicom has served the Maryland, Washington DC, Northern Virginia, and Pennsylvania areas in telecommunication products and services for over 20 years. We strive to provide our customers with the latest products from Nortel and Avaya along with maintenance and troubleshooting services to make telecommuting possible for your business.
To get started with Delta Intellicom, call us today at 1-800-946-3358 or visit our contact page!
Follow Delta Intellicom today on Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!